Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Man- I am Feeling OLD!!!

I think I have finally had one of those moments. Moments that make me look at myself and say, "MAN I AM GETTING OLD!!" Two recent incidents this holiday season have made me realize this. Let me share...

1. I was at the Christmas Eve service at church. I saw an old student from when I taught in Ponder. He was wearing a MILITARY UNIFORM!!! After talking with him, I learned that he had been in the Armed forces for about 6 months. How is it possible that I have a student that I use to teach, already graduated, and serving in the military?????!!! I was so proud of him, but felt REALLY OLD!!

2. My neice - my sister's first child - the first neice/nephew that I had come into this world is getting MARRIED!!!! Is that possible?? Just the other day I was sitting in her mother's kitchen and we were designing and making twinkie shirts (something we use to do every summer). NOW she is engaged!!! I am so proud of you, honey, but it has definitely made me feel my age!!

So, once again I have come to this frightening conclusion. There is nothing I can do-no watch to set back. I just have to learn to go with the flow and enjoy this journey we call life!!! (Actually - now that I am done typing this I am quite tired. It is only 8:00 p.m. Is that a sign of old age if I were to go to bed this early??? I can't win, can I ????

3 comments:

Lauren said...

awww i definitely cried reading that part about the shirts.... great times. I feel old too, its not just you!

I Love you Aunt Nay Nay!

Rena' said...

Love you to Lorita!! You know that I would do anything for ya... :)

Elizabeth said...

I understand feeling old... during overflow it came up when I graduated high school and it has been 10 years ago now! Oh and I have gone to bed at 8PM more than once after Connelly goes to sleep!