Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ainsley's Black Eyed Pea

So - Ainsley received her Christmas gift early this year - a beauty of a black eye! I am not real sure what happened. I have had the kids the last two days and we have been having a blast (these days make me want to stay home :). I really had to go to the restroom and had been holding it for quite a while! Noah cannot be left alone often with Ainsley - she usually winds up quite disoriented and unsure of who she is. So I told Caleb that I had to go and to hold down the fort for a few minutes. The next thing I know, Ainsley is crying her head off!! I hurry as fast as I can and come back into the living room. In the back of my mind I KNEW that I should have just taken Ainsley with me to the back. But of course I did not follow my gut. They were all playing so good together that I didn't want to mess with or interrupt a good thing!! When I picked up Ainsley I couldn't believe it!!! Her eye was swollen and red! After much investigation, one of two things had happened. Either she ran into the edge of the fire place OR she ran into a toy in Noah's hand....I have my suspicions of what really happened....although everyone has claimed innocence. SO, this year, for her very first Christmas, she has a beautiful purple eye for all her pictures! Merry Christmas, darling! (And I am sure that it won't be the last incident of your life - welcome to the clan!)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Aww poor Ainsley! That is so awful! Especially for her first Christmas... Well, something to add to her memory book : )

Joel said...

May be she is tired of all the pink she's wearing, so she threw herself in front of Noah's train. Knowing that her eye would turn a beautiful shade of purple for everyone to see.