Sunday, December 28, 2008

This Time Last Year...

So - while we were out Christmas shopping this year, I couldn't help but reminisce about last year. Actually I don't know if I would call it reminiscing - that sounds like I am remembering something positive! Anyway - I couldn't help remembering that this time last year I was shopping in a wheelchair, remember?!?! I wasn't allowed to stand for long periods of time due to my pregnancy, so I was sentenced to a wheelchair. I learned to have alot more respect for those in need of a wheelchair. Seeing the world from that perspective is VERY HUMBLING as well as it made me quite motion sick many times!! (Maybe it was my driver - hee, hee, hee!) You are not able to reach ANYTHING and it is extremely hard to carry on a conversation with someone standing up while you are sitting there. Let's not forget the electric ones in stores. I tried one out last Christmas because Joel said he couldn't push me AND carry toys. I don't see why not! Talk about fun!! Actually there were way too many people in my way for me to go above the 5 mile speed limit in the stores as well as the very LOUD beeping anytime I had to go backwards because I didn't know how to work it! Also I received many a look from jealous customers, wishing they had an excuse to cruise around the store and them wondering what I was doing in such a thing. I mean, besides, I was just pregnant! Joel did say that he thought shopping was easier last year. Due to the wheelchair, he said that people did get out of our way faster and so we were able to get done quickly. I don't really remember much of it except for what I have already shared.

So anyway, I was reminiscing - remembering how things were this time last year. WOW! Pretty exhausting when you think about it! I am so blessed that God is continuing to heal me daily. So - next time you see someone who is in a wheelchair, take a minute to help them out! Hold that door open, grab something off of the shelf that they cannot reach, and remember to smile!! I was once there and know how different it feels to be restrained to one! Hope all had a very Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Yeah, I was thinking about all of this during Christmas and I am so glad you are well this year. 2009 is gonna be great!

Rena' said...

I remember how much you helped me out during all that! You are amazing and truly a kindred spirit!! Love ya!