Sunday, December 14, 2008

Why Change a Good Thing?!?!

My question today is - "Why Change a Good Thing?!?!?" The other day, Joel and I did some Christmas shopping and decided to eat out. We went to one of my all time places - Panera
Bread (thank you, Shelly, for introducing this to me!! You have helped me form a beautiful friendship with this place!) I was all excited because I had not been there in awhile. As I waited in line with the crowd, I automatically knew what I wanted - a chicken salad sandwich! No doubt about it! I crave, dream of, wish for, long for at times for this delicious sandwich. When it finally is our turn, I order the tomato soup and chicken salad sandwich (of course....!!) The man behind the counter looked at me and said, "Ma'am - we have changed our chicken salad. Now it has almonds, grapes, etc....in it. Would you like to try a sample of it?" By this time, I had zoned out. What in the world was this man talking about?!?! Is he from here, or was he shipped from another sandwich store to help corrupt the business of Panera Bread?!?!? I looked around - maybe someone was videoing me and waiting to jump out and tell me surprise- JUST KIDDING!!!!! Unfortunately to my demise, there was no camera and this "boy" truly was an employee of this well loved restaurant. I took a sample, but couldn't taste anything - by then the tears had begun. My relationship with this so called "well loved" restaurant had been severed-crushed-demolished. Taken away from me was my ultimate FAVORITE sandwich, and given back was a much more HEALTHIER sandwich that did not quite meet up to my high standards that I have as a sandwich eater. So I ask you one more time, why change a good thing!!???? Why do we change things that were perfectly fine!!!.................. I ask you................. FYI - My new favorite chicken salad sandwich - MCALLISTER's DELI *and they have great tea!!! Good bye Panera Bread!!! I feel as if I have lost a friend.....

3 comments:

Abby said...

I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you...

Mandy said...

I messed up and replied with Abby's info. Yes, she has a blog now. I am getting confused!

Lauren said...

I have not had your favorite Chicken Salad sandwich, but MY favorite is the one from McAllisters! I ALWAYS get it on a croissant and Sweet Tea : )

Some people might think we might be related, mom loves Chicken Salad too lol...